Tales of loathsome tyrants and prophesied saviors aren't nearly so appealing when you are a royal bastard with a prophecy hanging over your head.

News Fin.02

If you've seen my post "Current Release Plans" over on my author blog, then you might've noticed that I'm supposed to be trying to release a story the first week of every month.

Well, I did. I just didn't announce it because… I was curious to see what kind of views it would get as an unannounced freebie. Now, it's announcement time!

"Driven by the Deadline" is about Fael Honovi and why she tied herself to the felven royal family, anyway.

Honovi knows she's going crazy. It's only a matter of time, since she's stuck in a monochromatic land of creepy.

She's a shade, stuck in a plane of reality separate from the primary one—and completely incapable of manifesting a body in the primary plane. With someone killing off the felven royal heirs, Honovi's been asked to play godparent. She'd love it, a distraction from the grayscale monotony that's her life.

But can she get there without her own plane of existence stopping her?

***A short story of 2,300 words.***

ALERT: This title's on the creepy side.

"Driven by the Deadline" is currently $0.99 US on Amazon and free on Smashwords. (I'm trying to get it free on Amazon, too, but… That can take time. Someone at Amazon has to notice and decide to heed the report filed with the "tell us about a lower price" link. In my experience, it can take months.)

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy "Driven by the Deadline"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This web novel is listed in Web Fiction Guide and Muse's Success. (Both are directories of online novels, stories, etc.)